Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Star Lab

What a wonderful week we have had so far at school.  We are definitely back in the groove after our winter break!  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!  I had a great Christmas and New Years, but am glad to be back as well. :)

Today was a very exciting day...... we went to the Star Lab!  If you don't know, the Star Lab is an inflatable planetarium.  While inside, the lights go out and thousands of stars, mimicking the real ones in the sky, show up and we get to learn fun facts and stories about different constellations that are in our sky.  This is one of the things that the kids absolutely look forward to and LOVE all throughout their elementary years at our school.  It is so precious seeing them in such awe about the stars.  I also want to say a huge thank you to Mrs. Atkinson.  She is in charge of Star Lab and does such a fantastic job instilling excitement and knowledge about the night sky into our little ones. To sum our experience up, I have to share this comment that just made my whole day:  While we were sitting in the Star Lab, with darkness surrounding us and the beautiful stars above, I heard a little boy passionately say, "This is better than my i-pod!"  Yep, the Star Lab is just that good.  ;)

I didn't get any pictures of us inside.... but here are some pics of us listening to the rules and starting to climb in!










Today at recess KWQC TV 6 was here and the kids got to say the "Hello Quad Cities" line!!!  The kids were SO EXCITED!  So, tonight at around 6:28 tune in!

Be looking for a post coming up later this week about our fun monster unit!  Also, I have started a formal unit on addition, and the kids are doing great!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment