Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Almost Thanksgiving

Greetings!  Oh my goodness, the disguised turkeys turned out SO CUTE!!  The kids and I love looking at them! :)  Such creativity in the classroom!  

Some things to know/remember:
  • Please, please, please try to return class books the day after you get them.  It takes a long time for them to go through the entire class and the longer you keep them home the longer it takes for the book to make the rounds.  There is a new "I am Thankful for..." book that will be coming around. :)
  • I would like to remind you to please initial the behavior calendar that is in your child's take-home folder each night.  
  • Tuesday, November 26th is an early dismissal at 11:25.  There is no school Wednesday, November 27th through Friday, November 29th.
  • There will be NO TROJAN TRIUMPH next week (11/25 and 11/26). 
  • We are still collecting boxtops!  The competition isn't over until April.... so keep sending them in! :)
  • I am going to be sending home some scholastic book club fliers as soon as they come in, as well as directions on how to order online. :)  I also got some coupons I am going to attach where you can get one book free with an order of at least $10.  These will make GREAT stocking stuffers and presents for your kids (can you tell I'm trying to push reading?!) ;)  We also get books for our classroom when you make an order.  Look for them to come home soon!
  • Thanks for all of your support with Guided Reading.  I just want to clarify, you may not see the baggie come home every single day, so just keep your eye out for it when it does.  Tuesdays, for example, are really hectic in the morning because we go to the library and computer lab.  Those days I try to do other literacy enriching activities.  Fridays we usually read, but I don't send it home.  In addition, there are some groups that I do different activities with during guided reading time, so they won't get their book baggie brought home as often.  I am sorry to make this confusing.  Just always ask your child if they have it.... and I really, really appreciate your help and support with giving your child extra reading practice! :)  Also, I am going to be putting sight word flashcards and/or ABC flashcards in their guided reading book baggie.  I expect these to be practiced each night as well.... and left inside the baggie and returned to school each day. :)
Here are the sight words:

I, a, go, big, at, the, can, to, am, we, my, like, make, yes, on, out, get, by, have, not, do, so, see, have, you, all



Math  
We have started learning the "tricky teens" of 11-19.  :)  There is a cute song we've been learning to help us.  Prompt your child with, "Come on everybody let's get this done....."  We have also been working on addition!

Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy. :)


Vowel bat!!!  The kids LOVE watching this!!!  :)

VOWEL BAT! :)
A great center for practicing our 3D shapes.  Kids had to sort pictures of real-life objects and place them on the right shape mat.  






We used this text for non-narrative predicting.  Then the kids had to "butter" sight words and chunks they knew. :)

How many ways can you make 5? :)

We are learning about using 10-Frames!  In these pictures we are using our 10-Frames mat. 










Have a safe and WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment